pooley Posted October 6, 2008 Posted October 6, 2008 Struggling to get Joomla working with iis6, something about mysql not being detected. Would I be better using WAMP and if so is there anyway of running iis6 and wamp together, currently iis6 is publishing my exchange owa. Or can wamp be made to publish owa? ta Si
Ric_ Posted October 6, 2008 Posted October 6, 2008 It's messy doing anything with IIS on a box used for Exchange OWA. I would recommend either finding another server or virtualising a LAMP server - you could run this on your exchange box with VMWare Server or Virtualbox.
FN-GM Posted October 6, 2008 Posted October 6, 2008 I have Joomla 1 running on IIS 6 with no problems at all. What is the exact problem your getting?
somabc Posted October 6, 2008 Posted October 6, 2008 (edited) You can run Apache (as part of WAMP) and IIS together just make sure they use different ports. Its also not that hard to install MySQL & PHP with IIS. As said before you could run a VM with LAMP (eg Ubuntu Server) or you could use another machine if you have any spare with either LAMP or Server 2003/08. So either have another go at using IIS (being careful not to muck up OWA) or if you don't care about the website having a different port use WAMP & IIS. If you want to learn LAMP use a VM or different server. https://help.ubuntu.com/8.04/serverguide/C/index.html Edited October 6, 2008 by somabc
pooley Posted October 7, 2008 Author Posted October 7, 2008 (edited) My issue with IIS6 and Joomla is it doesn't recognise that mysql is installed. On the Pre installation check is has a Red NO I have removed and reinstalled mysql but to no avail. Any isea's ? Server 2003 sp2 btw EDIT********* Looks like I need the php path in the server variables, have to wait till lunch before I can reboot server Edited October 7, 2008 by pooley
daboroe Posted October 7, 2008 Posted October 7, 2008 use something like wamp or lamp as test and then you can compile both apache, mysql and php to run on a server for a live production site.
pooley Posted October 7, 2008 Author Posted October 7, 2008 Back to drawing board, rebooted server and still no Mysql in the Joomla install prerequisites Mysql Administrator shows service as running, not sure what I have missed. Another thing that didn't work for me was the phpinfo.php test file, gave me Error 500 internal server error, but it allows me to get to the Joomla install webpages. Any idea's before I give up (again)
daboroe Posted October 7, 2008 Posted October 7, 2008 Back to drawing board, rebooted server and still no Mysql in the Joomla install prerequisites Mysql Administrator shows service as running, not sure what I have missed. Another thing that didn't work for me was the phpinfo.php test file, gave me Error 500 internal server error, but it allows me to get to the Joomla install webpages. Any idea's before I give up (again) i would say that your server is not configured properly for php
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now