jack0w Posted September 29, 2008 Posted September 29, 2008 Having real difficulty here, whenever I open Testbase as a published app I get 'Invalid Licence'. It would appear that the licence details are there and are working correctly as when I run the app from a RDP session I don't have this problem. Has anyone here managed to get Testbase working?
Ric_ Posted September 29, 2008 Posted September 29, 2008 The Testbase license file lives in the System32 folder IIRC. On my Citrix system, I have a WINDOWS folder in each users' home drive - my login script copies the file to there if it doesn't already exist.
jack0w Posted September 30, 2008 Author Posted September 30, 2008 Thanks for that Ric, do you need to make any registry edits to get Testbase to look for the Licence file in that location?
Ric_ Posted September 30, 2008 Posted September 30, 2008 It's automagical (assuming that your Citrix setup is the same as mine - I don't see why it wouldn't be). Incidentally, it's also worth copying the license file to the usual location on all your machines via a startup script so that as you upgrade the products or purchase more Testbase licenses you can easily upgrade the license file. 1
jack0w Posted September 30, 2008 Author Posted September 30, 2008 (edited) Don't you just love these things I've got Testbase installed now (not in an AIE as this doesn't seem to have any impact on the Invalid Licence message). I can get only one of the applications to work at any given time. I have a hunch that perhaps the first Testbase application that you open is locking the Licence File, although looking in Open Files in computer management the licence file is not listed. Is this something you have experienced? Edited September 30, 2008 by jack0w
jack0w Posted September 30, 2008 Author Posted September 30, 2008 Got this sorted now! For future reference it would appear that when you logon to Citrix a WINDOWS folder is created in the root of your profile and the Testbase32.ini is dropped in automatically. My problem was caused by having an installation of Examwizard (which I've now discovered is essentially a rebranded version of Testbase) in an AIE, and running Testbase either from another AIE or installed normally. Installing both programs to the same AIE did the trick and now all the apps work all the time! Thanks for your hints on this Ric, not sure I would have figured it out otherwise
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now