sidewinder Posted September 29, 2008 Posted September 29, 2008 Just reinstalling OS X on a few old iBooks we're giving away, wanted to get everything up to date, and while software update did all the OS updates, java, airport etc it seems to refuse to do application updates? Nothing appears - it says everything is up to date yet it clearly isnt Thus, iTunes is stuck at version 4 and Safari is out of date too. If I try and download them manually, no download starts on the download page and no link appears either. Is there something I need first on 10.3 before it'll detect the missing updates
HodgeHi Posted September 30, 2008 Posted September 30, 2008 I'll have one I don't mind if the apps are a little out of date. Could you download them on a different machine and then install the packages from a USB Stick or DVD?
sidewinder Posted September 30, 2008 Author Posted September 30, 2008 Haha...you'd be welcome to one if there wasnt such fierce demand for them here! Never seen teachers and students go so mad for old kit before! Glad to see it all go to good use though Yeah will probably just do that, but its annoying. Restoring an eMac in the same way now, will be interesting to see if it does the same
sidewinder Posted October 1, 2008 Author Posted October 1, 2008 Ok think I realise why its not working now: latest versions of Safari and iTunes are for Leopard & Tiger only. Quite why Apple cant offer the last compatible versions instead of nothing, I dont know
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now