Jamman960 Posted September 22, 2008 Posted September 22, 2008 I was thinking how handy it'd be if users could be forced to use mono printers for mono prints and colour printers for colour prints - I've often found that teachers and students will choose to print to the shiny new colour printer in the corner rather than printing to the mono next to it. At the moment our mono laser in the staffroom just isnt being used at all, I've never had to replace the toner since installing a colour laser last november yet I've replaced the more expenisve black toner in the colour laser around 3 or 4 times now and have only gone through 2 sets of colours. I'm not sure how feasible this is but thought i'd put the idea out there
Michael Posted September 22, 2008 Posted September 22, 2008 Such a solution exists! Print Manager Plus allows you to specify (for example) that only colour documents can be printed and any black documents sent are automatically deleted and the user informed. It works well with Active Directory, relatively simple to use and easily pays for itself over time.
powdarrmonkey Posted September 22, 2008 Posted September 22, 2008 As does Altman's PCounter, which can redirect jobs transparently depending on various properties of the document.
FN-GM Posted September 22, 2008 Posted September 22, 2008 As does Altman's PCounter, which can redirect jobs transparently depending on various properties of the document. We use that, had no idea it could do that, thanks.
Jamman960 Posted September 23, 2008 Author Posted September 23, 2008 excellent! sorry didnt realise those packages could do that. James
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now