Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi

 

We provide governors with @school email accounts to avoid governance business being conducted through personal email addresses. Some governors have asked for their school emails to be forwarded to their personal accounts, which I'd prefer not to do.  I've seen mention of a solution that sends an automatic notification to a governor's personal email when there is a new message waiting in their school mailbox, without forwarding the email itself.

Has anyone set this up and, if so, could you share how you did it?

 

Thanks in advance!

Posted

Hi all,

 

Thanks for your replies/suggestions.

 

Yes, my first route would be for them to have the app on their phone for the school email so that they just get straightforward notifications - and I'm sure that this will work for the majority of people.  I just recall that we had a little bit of pushback about it last time, so I just wanted to see if there was something easy to setup which would drop them a 'ping' in their personal email inbox letting them know there is something in their school account as an alternative.  I'll take a look at Power Automate (but would this need to be setup for each person) and also the Exchange Mail flow rules alert sending ... thanks for the suggestions. 🙂

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...