Andi Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 Over the summer break I deployed IE7 to the whole network and now users are complaining that they no longer have their desktop wallpaper. I've googled this to death, and tried manually changing a couple to work out what is going on, but everyone is just getting the default blue screen. Any ideas?
Michael Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 Do you allow users to go into display properties and choose a wallpaper, or do they all use the same wallpaper which is controlled by you? 1
Andi Posted September 5, 2008 Author Posted September 5, 2008 Students have wallpaper deployed by group policy and cannot change it. Staff can change their wallpaper by going to desktop properties. Neither of these are working. Strange this is that the selected wallpaper appears as the user is logging on and off, but disappears once fully logged on.
Hightower Posted September 5, 2008 Posted September 5, 2008 You can't dictate the wallpaper with IE7 - just how it goes I suppose. I tried to at my last school. Ended up removing IE7 and going back to 6. 1
Andi Posted September 5, 2008 Author Posted September 5, 2008 Thanks, but surely users should still be able to select their own wallpapers with IE7 installed?
Chuckster Posted September 9, 2008 Posted September 9, 2008 Hi, I'm also having the same problem. Did you manage to resolve this issue?
leco Posted September 9, 2008 Posted September 9, 2008 I've found this on a couple of machines today - I thought I must have done something wrong. I'n also losing networked printers on some machines. They show in the printer list but are not actually there - very strange.
Spitfire Posted September 10, 2008 Posted September 10, 2008 Regedt32 HKEY_USERS Default Control Panel Desktop Wallpaper This is where the default wallpaper is picked up, this needs to read C:\windows\(yourlogo).bmp where "yourlogo" is the desktop of your choice The current users are found in the same place but in the HKEY_CURRENT_USERS 1
Andi Posted September 10, 2008 Author Posted September 10, 2008 OK thanks. Still doesn't enable the users ability to add their own desktop though.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now