Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

Is there a way to password protect the MDT process?  I'm sure I have done a set up lake this many moons ago, but I can't remember.
 

ie: when F12 etc is initiated, I want a username and/or password box to pop up to continue the process after authorised credentials are entered. 

Basically so that students can't initiate a build.  

 

Posted

From my notes:

 

Quote

Do not include network credentials in bootstrap.ini. After booting, WinPE will then prompt for credentials to access the deployment share.

 

You'll then want to set up suitable permissions on your deployment share, such as a dedicated security group that you can drop users into as required.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...