Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm looking to role out a deployment of 25h2 

however we use roaming profiles and it seems to break the search. 
New profile and it works fine.

Any help would be great
Many thanks


 

  • 2 months later...
Posted

I've found its something to do with CrossDeviceServices.exe

if I end task on that Exe and then restart explorer the start menu works again.

 

 

 

Any ideas

 

Thanks

  • 3 months later...
Posted

So now using local profiles, this happening randomly. if students logs in sometimes the start menu show but they cant click anything. If they log out and back in it works fine.

 

Posted

Are you using Applocker? I can recall a few years back when I was initially testing Win11, something on our Applocker was breaking something to do with the start menu/search... not very helpful as I cannot remember exactly what it was -  but maybe worth checking event viewer if you do use Applocker?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...