ric_p Posted November 13, 2025 Posted November 13, 2025 (edited) Bit of context - we're considering switching our dual contacts to single ones, but it'll be a big job to switch all our systems that we've designed around this. So I was wondering if most people use the dual or single types, and particularly to hear from anyone who's made the switch? Thanks in advance. The iSAMS forums are often quiet so I thought I'd get more feedback here! Edited November 13, 2025 by ric_p added tag
FloraDora Posted November 13, 2025 Posted November 13, 2025 We have dual contacts as that was the recommended "type" for parents when we migrated 4 years ago from SIMS. We also use iFinance / Fees Billing so have joint billing contacts from that. However, I know that there is a contact rewrite in progress (won't be ready for at least 2 years as so complicated) and the contact structures will change and move towards individual contact types. If you are considering moving to single types then I'd say go for it. Dual contacts are a bit of a pain in my opinion and cause confusion where some are single (split parents) and others are dual contacts.
Jamman960 Posted November 13, 2025 Posted November 13, 2025 At a previous place we migrated to engage mis who also recommended dual contacts, I ended up re-importing during migration to go back to singles, external systems such as socs and others didn’t handle dual’s well
ric_p Posted November 14, 2025 Author Posted November 14, 2025 @FloraDora Is there any official confirmation of the rewrite? I think I've been hearing about it for several years already. If there was I could ask our end-users to hang on for a while longer! @Jamman960 this is the reason that we want to switch as we have individual contacts populated into iSAMS from OpenApply, and then being updated by individual parents in MySchoolPortal.
Danp Posted November 14, 2025 Posted November 14, 2025 In our 8 schools, in most cases, parents are listed together. Only time they are individual is if they don't live at the same address.
FloraDora Posted November 14, 2025 Posted November 14, 2025 @ric_p Yes.. its on the roadmap and hopefully there will be an update about it's progress in the next Product Update Webinar on 26 November. I was asked about 6 months for my views on some of the proposed changes so I know that they are definitely working on it. 1
ric_p Posted November 14, 2025 Author Posted November 14, 2025 7 minutes ago, Danp said: In our 8 schools, in most cases, parents are listed together. Only time they are individual is if they don't live at the same address. How does that play with your other platforms connected to your MIS?
Danp Posted November 14, 2025 Posted November 14, 2025 46 minutes ago, ric_p said: How does that play with your other platforms connected to your MIS? No issues at all. SOCS & CPOMS are the main ones.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now