BrennanNCS Posted November 7, 2025 Posted November 7, 2025 (edited) Hello, I've recently moved my school over to SIMS Connected, and things are running smoothly now that the initial issues from earlier this week have been resolved. However, I'm hitting a wall trying to get some of our third-party applications integrated properly - specifically TimeTabler, which has been surprisingly difficult to get support for now that I have moved. I’ve spoken to SIMS support and was told to contact TimeTabler. Then, after reaching out to TimeTabler, I was told to go back to SIMS. So I’m stuck in a bit of a loop and feeling pretty confused. Eventually, I was told by a contact of mine that TimeTabler needs to be installed on the third-party connector machine we use for SIMS Connected. That seems like a bit of a workaround given that it's a VM nobody should really have access to, and I’m wondering if other schools are really doing it that way. Does anyone here use TimeTabler with SIMS Connected and have any insight into how you got it working? Any help or advice would be massively appreciated. Cheers, Brennan. Edited November 7, 2025 by BrennanNCS
willtech Posted November 7, 2025 Posted November 7, 2025 (edited) Any application that has to interface with the SIMS.net client directly would have to have the third-party connector install. We had to for a few third-party products, as the RDS (SIMS Connected) is only for ESSs applications and A2C. Edited November 7, 2025 by willtech
BrennanNCS Posted November 7, 2025 Author Posted November 7, 2025 7 minutes ago, willtech said: Any application that has to interface with the SIMS.net client would have to have the third-party connector install. We had to for a few products. Hiya thank you for your response. Just to clarify does that mean you’ve got multiple machines running third-party connectors, or is it just one TPC machine with everything (including TimeTabler potentially) installed on that single device?
willtech Posted November 7, 2025 Posted November 7, 2025 We have One TPC for data imports systems on a server, we use 2 devices as they have an application that interacts with the command reporter utility. If it is just a file that get exported fromTimeTabler and just gets imported via Nova T you would just need to import the file via connected.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now