Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I am migrating Eclipse .NET to a VM from a physical host which is to be retired.

 

The re-installation of the server went swimmingly and the database conenction seemed to go fine. The database is till on its original server (which isn't due for retirement yet). The only problem is that I simply receive 'Service Unavailable' when I try to browse the Eclipse.NET pages :confused:

 

Now IMHO this seems like a .NET problem or possibly just IIS being a bit of a pain. I have tried reinstalling IIS, the .NET frameworks and Eclipse.NET but it still doesn't work.

 

I do get a couple of IIS/.NET related errors in the event log but these just mention performance data.

 

The only other thing that is different is that I am now using Server 2003 Std x64 rather than Server 2003 Std x86. Surely this cannot be the problem though?

Posted

:S

 

.NET is lovely when it works.

 

Could be x64 need. Have\is there a x64 .net framework. I know 1.1 is built-in to Windows 2003 and is different to the standard. Good luck by the way.

Posted

I have installed the x64 version of the framework (which also installs the 32-bit version for compatibility IIRC)

 

Cheers for the 'good luck' comment!

Posted

Mmm

 

Yer, I've had a Windows 2003 Server with SP1 that wouldn't run application that was\need .net framework 1.1, despite uninstall, remove sp1 etc nothign seemed to work, I end up using Centos with Mono... which was funny really.

 

I know the ASP\.net does something with your user accounts, does it have it's own account? I can't remember, I don't mess about with to really have any useful comments. It might be that your version of .net/iis is too up-to-date for Eclipse. I assume it's got all the correct access rights?

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Meant to update this ages ago...

 

I had to turn .NET into 32-bit mode and then run c:\windows\microsoft .net\framework\\aspnet_regiis.exe to repair the problem.

 

Easy when you know... MLS now know too! :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...