Pickle17 Posted April 28, 2025 Posted April 28, 2025 Hi All I have been following the Bromcom guidance on how to integrate Google and Bromcom together however there seems to be an issue with the Client ID that Bromcom are stating to use as this is not the normal setup type for a Client ID. Google does not want to authorize the access. Anyone know if there is an updated client ID. The only other thing I thought could be a problem if Google has updated their third party access for under 18s and whether or not I have to change a setting somewhere else for the integration to work. All documentation from Bromcom is 5 years old and I wondered if anyone has done this recently.
Bromcom_Alastair Posted April 29, 2025 Posted April 29, 2025 Hi there Pickle17 - have you got a case raised with the helpdesk at Bromcom on this one? If you want to drop me a DM I'll be happy to take a look for you.
Pickle17 Posted June 9, 2025 Author Posted June 9, 2025 Hi Apologies for the delay in replying as this has had to go to the bottom of the pile with the integration that we have been taking on. I have tried to raise a case with Bromcom but as of yet had not had a response. Any help would be appreciated.
Bromcom_Alec Posted June 9, 2025 Posted June 9, 2025 Hi there! If you could DM me your case reference for Bromcom I would be happy to look into this for you.
rogerdnixon Posted June 9, 2025 Posted June 9, 2025 The permissions on the doamin wide delegation we have and it does work are: https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.user.readonly https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.userschema https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.userschema.readonly https://www.googleapis.com/auth/cloud-platform https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.orgunit https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.orgunit.readonly https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group.readonly https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group.member https://www.googleapis.com/auth/admin.directory.group.member.readonly https://www.googleapis.com/auth/apps.groups.settings https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.courses https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.courses.readonly https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.rosters https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.rosters.readonly https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.profile.photos https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.profile.emails https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.guardianlinks.students https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.readonly https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.events https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.events.readonly https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.student-submissions.students.readonly https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.student-submissions.me.readonly https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.coursework.students https://www.googleapis.com/auth/classroom.coursework.me I had to get this from support as the list online is out of date.
Pickle17 Posted June 10, 2025 Author Posted June 10, 2025 Hi All I found that the list of the Outh scopes when copied from the documentation and pasted into Google the list had gaps in each of the scopes which caused the Google not to authorize. Found this when I copied it into Notepad and removed all of the gaps. This has now worked and the Integration now works. Thanks everyone for the suggestions 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now