DaveA Posted April 2, 2025 Posted April 2, 2025 Hi all, Bit of a weird one. I had a mailbox that was full and not able to send any emails. The sent items was 92,000+ and a total of 45.6Gb in size. I selected to delete all emails in sent items from settings - storage, It ran for awhile and deleted over 50,000 emails. but then stopped with 42,000 still in sent items. Now the weird bit when I try and delete an emails from inbox or sent items it goes then about a second later it comes back where it was. I can not seem to delete any emails at all from anywhere in that mailbox. Anyone got any ideas or seen anything like this before? Thanks Dave
robintech Posted April 2, 2025 Posted April 2, 2025 It seems to always struggle when deleting a large numbers of emails so I started using the policies and In Place Archive for the extra 50GB and putting the problem off for while or at least anything older than 2 years until we can decide on a retention/deletion policy. From that point on its all automated https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/purview/set-up-an-archive-and-deletion-policy-for-mailboxes https://community.spiceworks.com/t/powershell-to-get-top-10-largest-mailboxes-in-o365/960876 If you're hybrid you have to set msExchArchiveName to the "In-Place Archive -Jane Doe"
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now