Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Does blue-ray work in Ubuntu? I'm looking at getting a drive and a HD cable and was wondering if this is a waste of time.

 

Also, does the HD cable also take the sound to the TV - if not how does this work?

Posted
Does blue-ray work in Ubuntu? I'm looking at getting a drive and a HD cable and was wondering if this is a waste of time.

 

Also, does the HD cable also take the sound to the TV - if not how does this work?

 

It does on the PS3 with ubuntu, so a PC shouldnt be a problem.

Posted

Cheers guys, found a lot of info that tells me how to rip it but nothing that tells me how to watch it straight from disk. Software comes with the drive - would it be possible to install this under Wine? If not I'm just going to sit tight. I don't want to break the law, just want to watch good quality movies that are paid for legitimately.

 

There's no point in paying legit for them when I will be breaking the law by watching.

Posted

The whole reason dvd ripping came about in the first place was because there wasnt a legitimate player for linux. Not to say it wouldnt have been circumvented eventually anyway, it just gave them more of an incentive :cool:

 

I couldnt actually find any info of simply playing your bluray from the bd disk on the quick search I did.

Posted

Meh, not to worry - can't really afford it this month anyways (or for the next few) so who knows what is around the corner.

 

Just ordered my new DVI - HDMI cable in preparation. Hope it doesn't take too much fiddling with. Also just ordered a new infra-red media remote - Hopefully it installs automatically.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...