jmcq555 Posted March 25, 2014 Posted March 25, 2014 I'm a bit confused as to which English grade to use in a transition matrix. Mine currently uses Eng Lang or English - whichever the student is doing. But I've noticed that Go4Schools uses the Eng Lit grade if this is higher than English Lang. RaiseOnline states it uses "English GCSE or English language and English literature" grade which I took to mean "Use English Language only if they're doing Eng Lit as well", not "Use the higher of English Language and English Literature" Would be grateful if anyone could clarify? J
NormalDistribution Posted March 25, 2014 Posted March 25, 2014 "Mine currently uses Eng Lang or English - whichever the student is doing." Correct. Standalone English Lit. doesn't come into it at the moment but also remember that in the future Progress 8 will take the higher grade.
jmcq555 Posted March 26, 2014 Posted March 26, 2014 Thanks for the confirmation. No response from G4S yet. J
jmcq555 Posted March 28, 2014 Posted March 28, 2014 Ok, I feel obliged (and foolish) to update that on Go4Schools, our English Literature subject had an English Language qualification attached to it by mistake which was why G4S was correctly using this grade.
mark80 Posted March 28, 2014 Author Posted March 28, 2014 i have had plenty of those moments......no doubt more to come!!
Recommended Posts