Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have just set up a terminal server and it is running great :)

The only issue i have is that when a user gets to the terminal log in box it auto pick the local machine not the domain.

 

Is there a policy to set this.

 

also, whilst i am here, on a side point.

 

When a user goes to http:\\ip address\tsweb and you get the default remote desktop screen asking for a server name, can i get it to auto show the name of our termial server. I have tried editing the html file but cant add text to the box.

 

hope all that makes sense

Posted

ChrisH gave me the following VBScript that does the job:

 

Option Explicit
Dim ws
Set ws = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

Dim strKeyPath
strKeyPath = "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\"
ws.RegWrite strKeyPath & "DefaultDomainName", "MYDOMAIN", "REG_SZ"
ws.RegWrite strKeyPath & "AltDefaultDomainName", "MYDOMAIN", "REG_SZ"
ws.RegWrite strKeyPath & "CachePrimaryDomain", "MYDOMAIN", "REG_SZ"

Posted

no , unfortunatly I am not able to use 2008 yet, the powers that be say no!:mad: running 2003

 

I am now wanting to do two things, one set the domain as default not the local machine in the log on to box but also and now more importantly edit the default page of tsweb.

 

I have looked around google and it seems more than doable , I just wanna edit it to include the server name

 

this is ment to do it but where do i type in the server name

RE: how to modify the TSWEB default.htm to do ...

 

please help

Posted

I have looked around google and it seems more than doable , I just wanna edit it to include the server name

 

this is ment to do it but where do i type in the server name

RE: how to modify the TSWEB default.htm to do ...

 

please help

 

Looks like the server name or wan ip needs to be entered here:

sub BtnConnect
  Dim serverName
  'server
  if not Document.all.Server.value = "" then
     serverName = Document.all.Server.value
  else
     'serverName = Document.location.hostname
   serverName = "[color=Red][b]WAN_IP_Address_Here[/b][/color]"
  end if

In the modified Default.asp page

Posted

"or a GPO object that may work with 2003, I think it is designed for XP but it is highly likely that the registry keys in question are the same."

 

Quite true. I had it running great on a 2003 Server Setup with XP clients.

 

Thanks for reminding me of that... i might make use of it here :)

Posted

You can also use a simple registry entry

 

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

 

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]

"AltDefaultUserName"=""

"AltDefaultDomainName"="MYDOMAIN"

"DefaultUserName"=""

"DefaultDomainName"="MYDOMAIN"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...