jimmy210195 Posted October 7, 2024 Posted October 7, 2024 We're about to begin a large refresh of about 600 Dell Desktops across the College due to them not being Win 11 supported. The problem I have is that a large chunk of these are in shared areas and I don't believe they are getting used enough to warrant replacing like for like. Does anybody know of any software I can install on our desktops to help tell me the usage of them? How often is somebody actually logged in to them and not just sat powered on? Any help appreciated!
supportman Posted October 7, 2024 Posted October 7, 2024 (edited) We have a simple script that logs to a text file each time a machine is logged on. Provides some nice data as well as a history of who used which machine. EDIT: Don't think PDQ Inventory can do total logins as far as I can tell... Edited October 7, 2024 by supportman
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now