Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

I've got a ticket that's left me a little, well, stumped to be honest.

 

The request is: Please set this slider to be six months:

 

boeing 747.png

 

The trouble is, they want the user to be able to change it if they want to, so I can't do what I'd normally do and set a GPO as that will stop the user from being able to change it.

 

Is there an easy way to set this? Could be a registry entry or a script, I don't care. I've looked and I can't see any obvious way to do it.

Posted
Group Policy Preference Regsitry key set to create - users can then change

 

OK. Where? I've looked high and low and can't find the appropriate reg key. I've even used Procmon to monitor registry changes and can't find it. If it's there, it's well obfuscated.

Posted

Update allows administrators to set additional default mail and calendar synchronization windows for new Exchange accounts in Outlook 2016 - Microsoft Support

 

I know it's possible because I did a project to rollout new PCs on place with comically small bandwidth so we set soemthing up that when the users PC was new it only downloaded X days, then that was increased slowly to desired default. I'm not sure of the behaviour on existing accounts.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...