Jawloms Posted August 20, 2024 Posted August 20, 2024 I emailed ESS asking for documentation on migrating from SQL 2012 to SQL 2016. They said they don't have any and I should email ParentPay. I emailed ParentPay who also said they don't have any, but it's because upgrading SQL is a service they provide and they would be happy to provide a quote! I'm sure in the past someone has produced documentation in upgrading haven't they? Anyone got any please? I imagine it isn't as simple as running the SQL 2016 installer and clicking "Next" a few times, and then renaming the servername in connect.ini! Wouldn't that be nice..... Stuart
Alastairb25 Posted August 20, 2024 Posted August 20, 2024 I paid ESS to do it, think it was 2019 we went to So many services rely upon it and something I have only seen done once It therefore seemed safer to outsource it
ThomL Posted August 20, 2024 Posted August 20, 2024 We outsourced to our support company too, having someone to contact if something is misconfigured/if there is fallout was deemed worth is when we carried out risk analysis. I don't think it was too expensive either, included reconfiguration/setup of solus too.
willtech Posted August 20, 2024 Posted August 20, 2024 Have a look here: https://customer.support-ess.com/csm?id=community_question&sys_id=c9a275bddb762810ab5a6792ca961995&anchor=answer_86a28e31db7e2810ab5a6792ca961922&view_source=searchResult 1
sigma Posted August 20, 2024 Posted August 20, 2024 (edited) Have a look here: https://customer.support-ess.com/csm?id=community_question&sys_id=c9a275bddb762810ab5a6792ca961995&anchor=answer_86a28e31db7e2810ab5a6792ca961922&view_source=searchResult And/or this? https://customer.support-ess.com/sys_attachment.do?sys_id=53bd61fc1b107910455842a7b04bcb1b&view=true NOTE: The SIMS SQL 2016 Migration Utility is provided as a separate download from SOLUS. Edited August 20, 2024 by sigma 1
smarties11 Posted August 20, 2024 Posted August 20, 2024 I emailed ESS asking for documentation on migrating from SQL 2012 to SQL 2016. They said they don't have any and I should email ParentPay. I emailed ParentPay who also said they don't have any, but it's because upgrading SQL is a service they provide and they would be happy to provide a quote! I'm sure in the past someone has produced documentation in upgrading haven't they? Anyone got any please? I imagine it isn't as simple as running the SQL 2016 installer and clicking "Next" a few times, and then renaming the servername in connect.ini! Wouldn't that be nice..... Stuart I've migrated our SIMS from SQL 2012 to SQL 2022 in the last few days. There is a link to the documentation in the release notes for the SIMS Summer 24 release, which is the first version to support SQL 2022. It's pretty straightforward, and ESS provide a migration tool which does all the heavy lifting for you. Essentially you install SQL 2022 and then use the migration tool which backs up your SIMS database and then attaches it to your new instance. If you log a case with ESS they will provide you with the documentation and the tool - but if you're struggling, PM me here your email and I'll send it across.
Jawloms Posted August 21, 2024 Author Posted August 21, 2024 Essentially you install SQL 2022 This is the bit I'm particularly after guidance on for which boxes to tick etc. If you log a case with ESS they will provide you with the documentation and the tool - but if you're struggling, PM me here your email and I'll send it across. I tried this and they literally closed the ticket and told me to ask ParentPay, who then said they don't offer documentation as it's a service they provide and would happily provide a quote...... I'll PM you.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now