leco Posted July 31, 2008 Posted July 31, 2008 On the quick launch toolbar sits an Outlook icon, which is where it should be. However, this is an old version (Office10) and is not active, in fact it has /recycle at the end of the path. If I try to change the location/path or delete I am denied access. If I try to drag and drop the correct version (Office11) I am also denied access. I have made the user a member of the administrators group in order to gain permission for such things, but that has made no difference. Has anyone any ideas, please?
pooley Posted July 31, 2008 Posted July 31, 2008 How about logging on as admin and deleting it from C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch 1
leco Posted July 31, 2008 Author Posted July 31, 2008 (edited) How about logging on as admin and deleting it from C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch Thanks, will have a look in the morning. Edited August 1, 2008 by leco
leco Posted August 1, 2008 Author Posted August 1, 2008 There is no \Internet Explorer\Quick Launch in App data:-( Very strangely the Quick Launch bar is not displaying now for this user. I turned it on and applied - it dissappeared!! What's going on?
FN-GM Posted August 1, 2008 Posted August 1, 2008 Have you tried looking in the all users & default profile? What types of profiles do you use? Z
leco Posted August 1, 2008 Author Posted August 1, 2008 Have you tried looking in the all users & default profile? What types of profiles do you use? Z This one is Roaming, but doesn't roam if that makes sense. The user has one machine and doesn't use any other. The profile and all documents are kept on the server. I have also found that the Quick Launch bar "Cannot be created" according to the message that has just popped up. I am starting to suspect that this profile is very broken, may need to rebuild.
Michael Posted August 1, 2008 Posted August 1, 2008 I would check what policies you have applied within: User Config > Admin Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar Lock the Taskbar Do not display any custom toolbars in the taskbar
leco Posted August 1, 2008 Author Posted August 1, 2008 I would check what policies you have applied within: User Config > Admin Templates > Start Menu and Taskbar Thanks for all the help everyone. Checked the profile, the settings were messed up good and proper! Desktop from one place, Start Menu from another. No policies though which was strange. All sorted now:)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now