titch Posted November 14, 2022 Posted November 14, 2022 We have a folder full of very confidential files which we have removed inheritance from. The folder is then shared out to the relevant people. Randomly we have a couple of low level users who can access the folder. On auditing the random user on the folder it shows they have Read access but it doesn't show through which group. Any ideas of another way of auditing this folder and figuring out how they have access?
Scifigirl Posted November 14, 2022 Posted November 14, 2022 Check the site level access..... that will usually be set to read for all users, then you have to exclude libraries 1
Dan2025 Posted November 14, 2022 Posted November 14, 2022 (edited) I did once have an issue once with one of our doc libraries, permissions stopped updating. I think I broke something by overcomplicating the permissions as I wanted to make it so staff couldn't edit the first couple of folder levels & ta's couldn't edit at any level. This caused permissions to stop updating, so it worked fine for those that had permissions already but any staff added had no access & also staff removed retained full access. In the end I gave up & nuked the permissions, re-inherited from the site & then disinherited & amended to suit. Worked fine after. Could those with permissions have shared the folder? Edited November 14, 2022 by Danwinchelsea
titch Posted November 14, 2022 Author Posted November 14, 2022 Could those with permissions have shared the folder? Turned out it was this but it really wasn't very easy to spot. Looks like I need to do some more training with the user.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now