tmoon-mint Posted November 10, 2022 Posted November 10, 2022 Hi all, I have been contacted by a school that have lost access to their 365 tenant. The only admin has forgotten the credentials for it. Every single Microsoft support article is prompting me to sign into 365 and log a ticket but I cant! How can I help the school get back into their tenant?
Michael Posted November 10, 2022 Posted November 10, 2022 There should an alternative email address set - hopefully something outside the tenancy!
6Foot2 Posted November 10, 2022 Posted November 10, 2022 When I was looking after our 364 tenancy, I had another administrator's details locked in the school safe to cover the eventuality that both my technician and I were not available (for some reason?) Does the school have the same arrangement that, perhaps, they have forgotten about?
tmoon-mint Posted November 10, 2022 Author Posted November 10, 2022 When I was looking after our 364 tenancy, I had another administrator's details locked in the school safe to cover the eventuality that both my technician and I were not available (for some reason?) Does the school have the same arrangement that, perhaps, they have forgotten about? Afraid not. They have confirmed that the business manager was the only admin and that is who has lost the credentials. The account had MFA setup on it and they dont have access to the phone number anymore either. Absolute nightmare.
6Foot2 Posted November 10, 2022 Posted November 10, 2022 Afraid not. They have confirmed that the business manager was the only admin and that is who has lost the credentials. The account had MFA setup on it and they dont have access to the phone number anymore either. Absolute nightmare. We had a situation where I needed to pass a request to Microsoft. They wouldn't even consider it until they had formal confirmation that I was making a genuine request. They said that I should prove that my request was genuine by getting the head to send an E-Mail from [email protected]. Once I was authenticated, the work progressed as planned. Could you try that route?
psydii Posted November 10, 2022 Posted November 10, 2022 From whom you buy microsoft licences? If they are a CSP they will have the right contacts to help.
jthompson Posted November 10, 2022 Posted November 10, 2022 Perhaps some kind of DNS-based verification could take place to prove ownership?
SomeITBloke Posted November 10, 2022 Posted November 10, 2022 (edited) Could try Office 365 support (0)344 800 2400 . I would imagine you would have to confirm your the school in question, either via headed paper or a call to the school via the information held on the DfE website. Then possibly confirm you won the domain in question via DNS txt record. I'd also try you OV-ES, EES, CSP reseller Edited November 10, 2022 by PrimaryNetMan
tmoon-mint Posted November 11, 2022 Author Posted November 11, 2022 Thank you all for your suggestions. I am going to try their OVS reseller and if that doesn't work ill call the number above. I do hope their DNS isnt hosted through 365 as well if they're asked to add a verification txt record to prove who they are...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now