dazza007 Posted November 8, 2022 Posted November 8, 2022 Morning! I have a predictive failure on one of 4 5.6Tb disks on a LSI megaraid sas Having looked at the system in the GUI I found the words RAID-1 however questioned this as the total sizing for 4x5.6 TB disks on RAID was is not 11TB After consulting google I ran this below PS C:\Program Files (x86)\MegaRAID Storage Manager> .\StorCLI.exe -CfgDsply -aALL==============================================================================Adapter: 0Product Name: LSI MegaRAID SAS 9271-4iMemory: 1024MBBBU: AbsentSerial No: SK60406569==============================================================================Number of DISK GROUPS: 1DISK GROUP: 0Number of Spans: 1SPAN: 0Span Reference: 0x00Number of PDs: 4Number of VDs: 3Number of dedicated Hotspares: 0Virtual Drive Information:Virtual Drive: 0 (Target Id: 0)Name :RAID Level : Primary-1, Secondary-0, RAID Level Qualifier-0Size : 256.0 GBPhysical Sector Size: 512Logical Sector Size : 4096VD has Emulated PD : YesMirror Data : 256.0 GBState : OptimalStrip Size : 64 KBNumber Of Drives : 4Span Depth : 1Creation Date : 24-09-2016Creation Time : 03:47:49 PMDefault Cache Policy: WriteThrough, ReadAhead, Direct, No Write Cache if Bad BBUCurrent Cache Policy: WriteThrough, ReadAhead, Direct, No Write Cache if Bad BBUDefault Access Policy: Read/WriteCurrent Access Policy: Read/WriteDisk Cache Policy : DisabledEncryption Type : NoneBad Blocks Exist: NoPI type: No PI After consulting this document Microsoft Word - SNIA Technical Position - DDF v2.0.doc am am more confident that the setup is a RAID10 and I can just hot replace the drive, am I correct in thinking this? Has anyone any experience of MegaRaid I seriously have never spend so much time figuring out what RAID protection a server has after 10 years in the field! Many Thanks Dazza
3s-gtech Posted November 8, 2022 Posted November 8, 2022 https://globalroot.wordpress.com/2013/06/18/megacli-raid-levels/ [‘Primary-1, Secondary-0, RAID Level Qualifier-0’] = RAID-1 Looks like that is RAID 1.
dazza007 Posted November 8, 2022 Author Posted November 8, 2022 Thank you, I came across this document but I think that document is incorrect, see the comments and this article critisises it RAID level confusion (MegaCli vs megasasctl output) - Server Fault
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now