discoveranother Posted August 3, 2022 Posted August 3, 2022 Hi all, I have been passed a Macbook Pro. The MacBook has tried to do an update but not worked and now the user cannot use the Macbook. It looks like they tried to do an update to Sierra. When they log into it just shows the macbook pro utilities window. I'm not totally sure what year the Macbook Pro is either. I have tried to boot into safe boot and followed various articles including the link below :- https://macpaw.com/how-to/macos-installation-cant-be-completed I cannot get the MacBook to boot into safe mode at all. I have tried the two ways of doing this either by holding down the power button and the shift key at the same time or by just holding down the power button. Neither works. I'm not sure at all which kind of chip the Macbook has in it, Intel or Apple. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas please. Thanks all.
DalekSec Posted August 3, 2022 Posted August 3, 2022 First thing to do is figure out what macbook it actually is, you should have a model number on the bottom which if you google will tell you. 1
3s-gtech Posted August 3, 2022 Posted August 3, 2022 Sierra - Intel only. Can you try booting into Recovery Mode? I have a feeling that won’t work either, but needs a try. 1
discoveranother Posted August 3, 2022 Author Posted August 3, 2022 First thing to do is figure out what macbook it actually is, you should have a model number on the bottom which if you google will tell you. Thanks. The model is A1286. Looks like 2010, older than I thought. - - - Updated - - - Sierra - Intel only. Can you try booting into Recovery Mode? I have a feeling that won’t work either, but needs a try. Yes I tried looking for that and couldn't even see the option for Recovery Mode.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now