gsk Posted June 27, 2022 Posted June 27, 2022 Hi All, I'm looking for a way to set up GPP Shortcuts for Chrome so that it will open regardless of whether it is the x86 version or x64 version of Chrome that is installed. While we're on the subject, is there a way to make a 'Word' Shortcut open whichever version of Word is installed whether its 2016, 2019 or 2021? Thanks,
Foresthippy Posted June 27, 2022 Posted June 27, 2022 I use junction points to make this work. For 64 bit machines, I use a startup script with the following command: mklink /J "c:\program files (x86)\google\chrome" "c:\program files\google\chrome" 1
DaveTheTech Posted June 27, 2022 Posted June 27, 2022 Item Level Targetting, using the 'File Match' item, should work for both of your questions. Deploy this shorcut if this file is present. 1
gsk Posted June 27, 2022 Author Posted June 27, 2022 Thanks. I used to do this when we first moved to 64 bit systems. I'd forgotten about that. - - - Updated - - - I use junction points to make this work. For 64 bit machines, I use a startup script with the following command: mklink /J "c:\program files (x86)\google\chrome" "c:\program files\google\chrome" Thanks. I used to do this when we first moved to 64 bit systems. I'd forgotten about that. - - - Updated - - - Item Level Targetting, using the 'File Match' item, should work for both of your questions. Deploy this shorcut if this file is present. This is great and is what I've done. Much tidier. Thanks.
DaveTheTech Posted June 27, 2022 Posted June 27, 2022 I'd suggest putting something in the description to show that ITL is being used - I also include who its targetting. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now