KWestos Posted June 26, 2008 Posted June 26, 2008 Hi Our School does not have a VLE (doesnt have a website come to that - but thats another matter). I have been trying to get this through to the School that we HAVE to have it. Now who's responsibility is it. Is it primarily the SLT or the department heads? I have to present my case this week and was just after a few pointers. We are so far behind, we need this quickly and therfore need to hit them hard with what the schools repsonsibilities are. So I would appreciate any help on who I need to direct this at. Many thanks
cookie_monster Posted June 26, 2008 Posted June 26, 2008 Well really it's SLT's problem that they don't have one, you are correct that they will have to have one at some point but some LA's are providing then so you might want to contact your LA for advice. The LA will host ours and we'll provide support and training for it but it's upto teaching staff to put their resources on there.
kmount Posted June 26, 2008 Posted June 26, 2008 I'm losing a tech this year who's not being replaced but instead they're taking on a VLE Co-Ordinator or suchlike to deal with it .... I was involved in the R&D side of it along with the Assistant Head tasked with ICT Strategy but am planning on handing it off to someone else once they arrive.
Edu-IT Posted June 26, 2008 Posted June 26, 2008 I'm losing a tech this year who's not being replaced but instead they're taking on a VLE Co-Ordinator or suchlike to deal with it .... Sorry to take this off topic, slightly, but what will that person be responsible for? Ensuring that the system is up and running or will they be responsible for adding content too?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now