StevieM Posted December 8, 2021 Posted December 8, 2021 I'm looking at using Intune to prepare our DfE laptops for use by pupils at home. I've spent days reading all kinds of Microsoft documentation, but I'm very much a linear learner* and get confused when I have to open related documents that go off on tangents. I just feel like I'm going down a rabbit hole - and not even finding any rabbits! Can anyone give me concise instructions for an easy way to enroll about 30 Windows 10 laptops, giving students access to a web browser and Office 365 apps only? Thanks in anticipation (*It's an ASD thing.) 2
supportman Posted December 8, 2021 Posted December 8, 2021 Cant help as not done it yet but I couldnt even get past the new admin area and some licensing issues! Interested to hear what others have done. I don't even think its called intune any more 1
StevieM Posted December 8, 2021 Author Posted December 8, 2021 Thanks, @supportman. That makes me feel a whole lot better about myself and my abilities.
psydii Posted December 8, 2021 Posted December 8, 2021 Greg Shield's course on Pluralsight is great. You can get a very low cost subscription to the entire site via their PLURALSIGHT ONE programme Course is here: https://app.pluralsight.com/paths/skill/implementing-mobile-device-management-mdm-with-microsoft-intune A handy script for getting devices to enroll into autopilot (assuming DfE haven't done that for you) is here: https://oofhours.com/2020/07/14/more-improvements-to-the-get-windowsautopilotinfo-script/ The official documentation about the script is here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/autopilot/add-devices An unsolicited suggestion is here: Have you tried using a mind map or flow chart to track your course through the documentation and then remap that to develop the process (as a 'stright line') that you need to follow? 2
Popular Post Boredguy Posted December 8, 2021 Popular Post Posted December 8, 2021 Have you had a look at the wonderful KatyTech Blog by our own MVP @Katy (https://katystech.blog/2020/12/intune-part-1-autopilot-win10/) regarding inTune and Autopilot, it might make a bit more sense than Microsoft's guide? 7
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now