jthompson Posted December 6, 2021 Posted December 6, 2021 Hi all Don't own an iOS device here so asking for someone who does to check something for me. Does the iPhone Mail app observe reply-to headers when replying to an email? We use EduLink here, and teachers' emails to parents are sent 'from' a generic email address, with their own email address as the reply-to. I'm seeing a few replies from parents on iPhones that are coming back to the generic address, rather than to the reply-to. Are these just parents who don't know how to use the reply button, or does the Mail app behave in an odd way and ignore reply-to headers?
bknaggs Posted December 6, 2021 Posted December 6, 2021 I've just done a test from Outlook and changed the direct replies to option to a different email address which my phone has picked up when I pressed reply. 1
jthompson Posted December 6, 2021 Author Posted December 6, 2021 Thank you. That's what I suspected, tbh, so I guess that some recipients are just going about sending replies in the wrong way. How easy would it be for a Mail app user to reply to the from address in such an instance? Does tapping on the sender's name offer up a quick way to compose a new message to that address?
bknaggs Posted December 6, 2021 Posted December 6, 2021 If you tap on the from name twice you get to the contact screen where there are two options to start a new mail. I can't see anyway of replying to the from address without deleting the reply to address and entering the other address. 1
jthompson Posted December 6, 2021 Author Posted December 6, 2021 If you tap on the from name twice you get to the contact screen where there are two options to start a new mail. I can't see anyway of replying to the from address without deleting the reply to address and entering the other address. That's useful, thanks. I guess that's what some parents will be doing, then.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now