Sonic007 Posted July 19, 2021 Posted July 19, 2021 Hi. I’ve got a policy to set no proxy as we’ve changed broadband and no longer need the proxy applying. This is applied and shows if I run a GP Results on the client. However it isn’t doing it. The proxy is still there. If I log in as a new user on that machine it works but current users won’t change so not getting the new settings. Any ideas? Thankyou.
Koldov Posted July 19, 2021 Posted July 19, 2021 Is this a Browser proxy or a machine proxy? For machine: When you run netsh winhttp show proxy what do you get (on an old user and a new user). When you run netsh winhttp reset proxy does it stick or is there some other policy or script that puts the old proxy back in? Which GPO are you setting this in (and is it a computer or user setting)? 1
DaveTheTech Posted July 19, 2021 Posted July 19, 2021 I have had one machine that was actiing strange - still showing the lock screen, timing out etc - all things that had bee disabled. Turns out there was no GroupPolicy folder on the machine. Very strange. ALso make sure you arent setting an user policy on a workstation - that was (ashemedly) 20 minutes of rebooting and forcing updates. 1
Sonic007 Posted July 19, 2021 Author Posted July 19, 2021 (edited) Thankyou both. I've just realised the No_proxy setting is set for users which I was led to believe applied when a user logs in. User configuration->Preferences->Control Panel Settings->Internet Settings and configured in there. I see I can apply my computer based configuration policies if I right click my _Computers folder and do an update there but how do I get the users one to update? Am I setting this in the wrong place as I need to to apply to all users? And until recently when using a proxy it did apply to anyone that logged on. I'm a little brain frazled today. Any help much appreciated. Edited July 19, 2021 by Sonic007
snagrat Posted July 19, 2021 Posted July 19, 2021 The SSL certificate is best applied at the root as you want it on every device. Show us the NoProxy GPO settings and we can check it for you. 1
Sonic007 Posted July 20, 2021 Author Posted July 20, 2021 Thanks for your reply. I've just tried creating a new user in AD and if I log on with that new user or any user that has not used that particular machine, it works and the new no proxy settings are applied. If it is the usual user, eg. business manager and I log in as her I'l still get the old Proxy. This is is the same on all computers with the login of the person that usually uses that patrticular PC.
DaveTheTech Posted July 20, 2021 Posted July 20, 2021 When editting the internet options - are the fields underlined red or green? Group Policy Preferences F5 F6 F7 F8 “documentation” – MSitPros Blog 1
Sonic007 Posted July 20, 2021 Author Posted July 20, 2021 I cant believe it, I'm such a plum! There were red lines. I've F5'd it and all is now working as it should. Thankyou.
dubsdj Posted August 15, 2021 Posted August 15, 2021 Is this a group policy preference setting? If it is, then you need to change to update instead of create.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now