Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Santa Fe Whiners: Wi-Fi Equals Discrimination | Gadget Lab from Wired.com

 

The group claim they are allergic to wifi and want it removed from public buildings on disability discrimination grounds... The thing is, there is an official investigation being done!

 

What do others think? I'm thinking they should be asked to present evidence before any money is wasted on such frivolous nonsense. Otherwise, what's to stop a group demanding that IR CCTV cameras used in various places cause them pain and demanding their removal? Or any other technology that someone irrationally fears?

Posted
He also has a microwave proof car

 

Erm, have you ever tried to recieve AM on your car radio? There's more electrical interference from a car engine than anything else

Guest frances
Posted

I decided that a wireless in a certain part of the school I work in is dangerous to my health. It is so tempermental its driving me to insanity! It might be dangerous to anyone in the vicinity when I lose my rag and throw the wrecked Belkin G USB wireless device out the nearest window!

 

It would be interesting to know how the people know that there is a wireless network.

 

These things all go round in circles, its either worry about mobile phones, microwaves, overhead power lines or radiation from VDU. If you don't laugh you cry.

 

I used to work with ionising radiation for the civil service many moons ago. There was some seriously dangerous radioactive sources.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...