ICTDirect_Dave Posted May 21, 2021 Posted May 21, 2021 Good afternoon Marvellous Edugeek. To see you into the weekend I've a Tiny little treat for you to mull over. I've got a lovely batch of Lenovo M900 Tiny PCs available for just £100 each! Yes, one-hundred of your finest pounds. http://www.ict-direct.co.uk/media/edugeek/M900.jpg These cracking little machines don't have world-beating specs. But a 2.9GHz Pentium G4400T CPU, 4GB DDR4 and a 500GB HDD are plenty for general day to day office and web browsing work. As usual they've got our legendary 2-year warranty as standard. I expect these to fly out the doors so if you want one (some?) get in touch asap for a quote Here's to a happy (and dry) weekend!
Norphy Posted May 21, 2021 Posted May 21, 2021 Could you buy one of these then swap the CPU with a 6th gen i3/i5 at a later date? 1
3s-gtech Posted May 21, 2021 Posted May 21, 2021 Could you buy one of these then swap the CPU with a 6th gen i3/i5 at a later date? They’ll take an i7 6700T. Thermal limits are your barrier. These are a bargain Dave. I’d be all over them if my budget hadn’t been spent on face masks and social distancing yellow tape. 1
Ditto Posted May 21, 2021 Posted May 21, 2021 External PSU or some wizardry inside the case? Any SSD options?
Ditto Posted May 21, 2021 Posted May 21, 2021 No offense @ICTDirect_Dave! Apparently these are 'tough' - but I'm not sure I'd recommend dropping them and standing on them though. Not exactly subtle sales though The price is good and I can see these being a good solution in many situations in schools. 2
caffrey Posted May 22, 2021 Posted May 22, 2021 Why does stuff like this come out at the end of the budget year when I've got nothing Perfect to replace our display PC's with
ICTDirect_Dave Posted May 24, 2021 Author Posted May 24, 2021 Could you buy one of these then swap the CPU with a 6th gen i3/i5 at a later date? As @3s-gtech says, T-serires intel CPUs up to an i7-6700T. It'll likely be a fiddly job to swap it though. External PSU or some wizardry inside the case? Any SSD options? External PSU, slim-tip 65/90W AC same as pre-usb-C thinkpads use. These are preconfigured, which helped us keep the price so low. That said, we can always ship an SSD in the box with the PC. You can fit it yourself on arrival Why does stuff like this come out at the end of the budget year when I've got nothing Perfect to replace our display PC's with Doh! We timed this as this is typically new budget month for many! 2
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now