Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I have an image within an article which I then create a hyperlink.

But instead of it going to a web page EduGeek.net I want it to goto a resource on a server.

 

When I enter \\myresourceserver\Resources\Newsletter\news.pdf

 

I get the following problem when i click on the image.

 

 

//mywebdomain/mysite///myresourceserver/Resources/NewsLetter/news.pdf

 

Is there anyway around this as I want to link to files/folders on another server within our domain.

Edited by DirtySnipe
Posted (edited)
Is this accessible from the internet? If so then you will need to host the file on the web server otherwise when the link is clicked the browser will try to access \\myresourceserver which obviously won't exist as it's on your LAN. For example if the IP address of the server is 123.456.789.111 then you would use something like http://123.456.789.111/Resources\Newsletter\news.pdf. Hopefully that makes sense. Edited by Edu-IT

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...