Geoff Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 I'm really pleased to finally be able to release a much requested extension to Moodle 1.9 which we developed for Cumbria and Lancashire Education Online to provide a basic way to export data from School MIS systems and use this in Moodle. This extension is now in CVS along with export reports for Capita SIMS & Serco CMIS. Full info here: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=98792 1
CyberNerd Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 +1 for Lancashire contributing their work back to the community. How I wish other local governments and government agencies would follow their lead rather than spend money on companies that don't help others.
ChrisH Posted June 6, 2008 Posted June 6, 2008 It's a great tool. It helps get everyone setup and into their classes for easy selection in rapido time
mighty.grey.eagle Posted June 7, 2008 Posted June 7, 2008 +1 for Lancashire contributing their work back to the community. How I wish other local governments and government agencies would follow their lead rather than spend money on companies that don't help others. Strictly speaking the praise ought to go to Dan Poltawski for developing the software, Lancashire University Network Services (his employers) and then CLEO for putting on the pressure to release the software. But you are right about local government/agencies. Trying to get them to work together is almost as difficult as getting teachers to work together
GrumbleDook Posted June 9, 2008 Posted June 9, 2008 Without sounding a n0ob ... trying to work out how to run the patches on a WAMP box (XAMPP 1.6.6). Any pointers appreciated (other than the obvious 'move to *nix'!).
GrumbleDook Posted June 9, 2008 Posted June 9, 2008 Ok ... I pulled down patch.exe from gnuwins32.sourceforge.net and ran the patch command ... I now get "can't find file to patch at input line 3". Anyone had a go at this yet?
GrumbleDook Posted June 9, 2008 Posted June 9, 2008 grrrr .... Ok ... worked out what was wrong. I was not running it within the right directory ... and now I get the failure due the patch.exe app not liking XP. I think I will give up ...
GrumbleDook Posted June 10, 2008 Posted June 10, 2008 Rebooting the box seems to have allowed the bulk upload of users and classes but I am not sure of other functionality. I now have users in but some of them have the wrong username as the ear of Entry in SIMS (the year they joined the school) is not always what we want to use ... eg we have accounts as 01jbloggs for one sixth former (joined in 2001 but another is 05jdoe ... as he joined the school late. Looking for an easy way of sorting this out as well as sorting out the email addresses (presently [email protected] ... not [email protected] ... we are hoping to change this soon!) It may be worth people checking the user tsv file first to make sure that the YoE is right for students if they use it in the username.
Guest monkeyx Posted June 16, 2008 Posted June 16, 2008 I am in the process of installing Moodle 1.9 for our school and I am curious to know how the CLEO tools compares to this one. I have got AD working etc, but I am getting more functional modules up and running to allow the teachers to start using the Quiz tools et al. I am hoping to try both these tools later this week,would be great if someone could feedback some information though.
Guest jeremy_meades Posted June 17, 2008 Posted June 17, 2008 Hi We have integrated Moodle with SIMS in the sense of Moodle retrieving data from a View of data in SQL 2005 which contains student, teacher and teaching group information. This means that if a student moves from one teaching group to another it is immediately reflected in Moodle. No Cron job required. You also need to use LDAP authentication and use Active Directory to contain identification numbers for teachers and students. We don't write any data back to SIMS but it would be nice to put assessment data across from Moodle. We've been using this method for two years and it works well. Jeremy
garratt83 Posted July 7, 2008 Posted July 7, 2008 Hi Jeremy Please can you post any information on how you intergrated a SQL in to moodle. Can you tell me what information is displayed within your moodle Thank you
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now