Valyyn Posted November 25, 2020 Posted November 25, 2020 We've recently switched our internet provider to RM. They seem pretty good on the whole, however we're having no luck at all getting their RADIUS to work with our WiFi for BYOD. Does anyone here have RADIUS working with RM SafetyNet? The problem I get is our RADIUS server just reports "The remote RADIUS server did not respond." when trying to pass accounting info to their RADIUS. Support has been less than helpful (they actually closed my last ticket about it with the message "I have limited knowledge on AD and Radius server as I am not an expert on windows. Hence we are closing this call." if you can believe that!), so I'm hoping someone here might have it working that I could compare settings with to check if it's something at our end or theirs.
Ratcliffepg Posted November 25, 2020 Posted November 25, 2020 Hi Yes we have that working here with ( Network policy server ) it took a while to sort out.... but works well ! we don't pass any accounting to their Radius.
Boredguy Posted November 25, 2020 Posted November 25, 2020 I was not aware that RM Safetynet had a NPS option as the user based filtering option used RM Unify to validate credentials. I do know that the User based Filtering captive portal page for users with BYoD does not work if you are using NAT for your users, it has to be over the schools assigned IP range only (so we've just stuck with our staff users getting the standard student level filtering with their personal devices)
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now