collington Posted September 21, 2020 Posted September 21, 2020 Hey folks, I feel like I've been searching for hours for what must be the simplest thing ever. I have a very simple excel report but when I run it I would like Excel to conditionally format the results. I've tried everything I can think of to create or edit a template with the formatting already in place for the various columns, but either it spits it out as plain data, or it shows me my template with no data in it. Can anyone point me to the 'so absurdly basic we can't believe you're even a SIMS user' excel template guide? Thank you so much for any signposting! Lisa
coolhands Posted September 21, 2020 Posted September 21, 2020 I assume you would need to programme a macro to do that, then save that as the associated template with the report.
minimoo Posted September 21, 2020 Posted September 21, 2020 Is this a report under 'reports->run report' / 'reports->design report'?
collington Posted September 22, 2020 Author Posted September 22, 2020 Coolhands: was hoping to avoid a macro, but will do if that's the only choice. Minimoo: it started life as 'design report' when I was building it but I have saved it until I can crack this nut.
coolhands Posted September 22, 2020 Posted September 22, 2020 yes AFAIK you will have to copy the template, record the macro, save the template on your designed report. It is quite fiddly. My sims will sometimes crash or screw up the saved report templates which doesn't help when attempting this. I then panic but fortunately it seems to sort itself out when re-starting. Although I think once I had to reimport the pre-defined reports templates in "C:\Program Files (x86)\SIMS\SIMS .net\PreDefined_Reports_v7194.RptDef" area. So that really puts me off cos I can't afford to break the existing reports! http://www.edugeek.net/forums/mis-systems/38519-edit-excel-output.html
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now