Michael Posted September 4, 2020 Posted September 4, 2020 Hi all, I have a few schools running Facility CMIS, along with Groupcall XPorter. As far as I can tell, since changing the Academic year to 2020/2021, Groupcall is only reading up to Y5 and appears to affect all jobs in Groupcall going to various third parties. ePortal's working fine apparently with Teachers taking registers without issue. Has anyone else observed this issue?
andy_b Posted September 4, 2020 Posted September 4, 2020 Ours looks to be importing fine. I have had odd problems in the past with imports breaking - including a malformed post code in CMIS which seemed to cause exporter to fail halfway through an import. 1
Michael Posted September 4, 2020 Author Posted September 4, 2020 Thanks - just spotted there's a new Facility 20.3 release (currently running 20.2). I've had Groupcall look at it and everything looks normal, just missing new Y6's when performing a debug.
JOrdan01070 Posted September 4, 2020 Posted September 4, 2020 Hi I have just checked and xporter is working fine for us. I checked against junior librarian and CPOMs but we are on Facility 20.1 1
Michael Posted September 4, 2020 Author Posted September 4, 2020 I think I might have fixed the Groupcall issue. Looking at the ePortal service, I changed the permissions from "Local Service" to domain\administrator and now all Groupcall jobs appear to be working normally. I'm not sure whether this problem has been caused by a Microsoft Update?
Michael Posted September 10, 2020 Author Posted September 10, 2020 Morning all, Finally got to the bottom of both issues (for reference): Within Groupcall Xporter > Misc, there's an option labelled "CMIS - Dataset SetId used to override .CDB value". As the name suggests, if you override the setting here (despite changing/updating Facility Controller) Groupcall XPorter will continue to export in the previous academic year. The second issue (different school) was a TLS mis-match. The copy of Groupcall was stuck on TLS 1.1 instead of TLS 1.2.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now