Davit2005 Posted July 30, 2020 Posted July 30, 2020 (edited) Masses of updates this morning on my home desktop and all my vlans on my Intel X520-DA2 have disappeared. I use a whole load of VMs on the desktop which I map to the different vlans on the network adapter Updates installed were a whole load of office 2013 but along with these were. Security Update KB4560959 Update for Microsoft Windows KB4560960 Feature Update to 1909 KB4517245 Thanks MS Recreated a vlan but it won't enable so doing a network reset, nothing to lose at this point. I still have an onboard LAN connection I could use but handy just to have one connection to all the networks. Edited July 30, 2020 by Davit2005
Koldov Posted July 30, 2020 Posted July 30, 2020 Thought this happened a while ago.... Are these old updates or have they done it again?! 1
Davit2005 Posted July 30, 2020 Author Posted July 30, 2020 (edited) Thought this happened a while ago.... Are these old updates or have they done it again?! Googling showed it happened about a year back. Managed to download the latest driver from Intel and got the desktop vlan enabled which is sort of progress but it won't pick up IP and using a static it won't connect to network services. Funny enough IPv6 works fine to the point I can get to RDP of servers via their IPv6 address. So managed to get DHCP up and running, it doesn't help that I'm in the middle of migrating to a new domain at home either so DHCP is a bit all over the place. Some of the issues I had were: Network adapter could not bind errors in event viewer Could not enable the adapter Updated to Intel driver pack PROWinx64 version 25.2 Edited July 30, 2020 by Davit2005
Davit2005 Posted July 30, 2020 Author Posted July 30, 2020 (edited) Thought this happened a while ago.... Are these old updates or have they done it again?! An old update my desktop just decided to pick up randomly. Seems though it has also broken Chrome, cannot load any web pages, cannot get to gmail, Edge is OK but some Google sites are unavailable. Laptop without the update is so far fine. My role does not include desktop or server duty so I have missed the fun of windows updates for over 3 years. Edited July 30, 2020 by Davit2005
round2it Posted August 5, 2020 Posted August 5, 2020 same thing happened to one of my servers hyperv host so could not set a static ip address head scratching on that one dhcp with a reservation fixed it while i look into in but its defo a windows update
googlemad Posted August 14, 2020 Posted August 14, 2020 We are all of a sudden having similar issues with Windows 7 in particular (although think I may have also seen a Windows 10) Connected to the network fine but there is a red cross over the network icon, which stops certain applications from running as they think there isn't a connection or it isn't properly set up KB4569736 KB4570673 KB4571687 KB4571719 KB4571729 One of those seems to have caused it but not sure which exact one...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now