nathan Posted July 14, 2020 Posted July 14, 2020 I would like to create a dynamic group that will capture all students accounts that have a A1 Plus for Students plan. I currently have user.assignedPlans -any (assignedPlan.servicePlanId -eq "8c7d2df8-86f0-4902-b2ed-a0458298f3b3") that isn't working, the latter GUID is the SKU of the license plan. After researching i believe serviceplanid is more for the individual license entitlements included in each license plan, i would normally look at what entitlement is unique to the A1 Plus for students plan and query for that, but unfortunately it doesn't look like there are any. Are anyone else running a dynamic group for students?
psydii Posted July 14, 2020 Posted July 14, 2020 I've not properly looked into this, but perhaps user.assignedlicences might contain the property you need? Though last time I looked at dynamic groups I was disappointed by their limitations, so perhaps this isn't surfaced in a way useful to dynamic groups. The way students are identified as such in some office365 services is by having one of the student SKU licences...
nathan Posted October 8, 2020 Author Posted October 8, 2020 I've not properly looked into this, but perhaps user.assignedlicences might contain the property you need? Though last time I looked at dynamic groups I was disappointed by their limitations, so perhaps this isn't surfaced in a way useful to dynamic groups. The way students are identified as such in some office365 services is by having one of the student SKU licences... Unfortunately assignedlicense isn't a valid property. How can something so simple be so hard.
DaveTheTech Posted October 8, 2020 Posted October 8, 2020 Get-MsolUser | Where-Object {($_.licenses).AccountSkuId -like "*Stu*"} Would the above offer what you are looking for?
nathan Posted October 8, 2020 Author Posted October 8, 2020 Get-MsolUser | Where-Object {($_.licenses).AccountSkuId -like "*Stu*"} Would the above offer what you are looking for? I'm looking to use it in a Dynamic Group, not in powershell unfortunately.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now