M.Byford-Rew Posted March 30, 2020 Posted March 30, 2020 (edited) I am currently running the time limited, evaluation of InTune and am considering my licensing alternatives after it ends. I have approximately 30 devices which are all Windows 10 Education based devices. My question is about which is the optimal license model for me to maximise functionality against spend. I am specifically looking at managing devices at this stage and NOT application management. It appears that there are a couple of options: Buy Intune device licences for the number of devices in the project and purchase more as needed Or Buy Microsoft Intune for Education for Faculty licence If I take the second, how many devices could be enrolled against each licence? I’ve heard mixed feedback varying from between 5 and 40. I suppose the premise being that a faculty license provides the ability and rights to manage an arbitrary quantity of student devices and if this is the case then it would make more sense to take this route as it offers better value as long as device licenses were not needed by virtue of them being managed by using a Faculty license. On the whole, it’s not clear which is the better route to take so I appreciate any advice you can provide. Thanks. Edited April 9, 2020 by REW
ajg Posted May 15, 2020 Posted May 15, 2020 Hi, just wondering if you got any further with this decision as we are also looking at Intune for staff issued laptops.
M.Byford-Rew Posted May 21, 2020 Author Posted May 21, 2020 Hi, yes. I eventually opted for a purchase of Intune licences from our Cloud Service Provided as a CSP licence which can be added quickly and isn't tied to the EES/OVS subscription. It was necessary to enable Apps to be managed and also to apply settings using PowerShell which would not take effect when the user was not licenced. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now