Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Shared Calendars - No Connection (using Outlook Client)


Recommended Posts

Posted

We have an issue with accessing Shared Calendars using Outlook Client, whereby we just get "No Connection" at the top of the added shared calendar.

 

- The Shared Calendars are able to be added / viewed within OWA (e.g. web browser) but not through Outlook Client.

- We have tried Outlook 2010, 2016, 2019 and Outlook 365 - all the same.

- The 'default' permission for Calendar (folder) is 'AvailabilityOnly' - This is the default permission, and has always been set to this (when it was previously working)

 

This occurred at the same time as the Teams outage (around 5th February - that Microsoft are still attempting to resolve!) and advisory EX202603 (Can't view shared calendars in Outlook on the web) too, even though that is complete opposite of what we were, and still are experiencing.

 

As a test, I change the 'default' permission on a single Calendar to 'Reviewer', after which I could access via Outlook Client.

 

I note that even when set to "AvailabilityOnly", Outlook Client cannot access / view 'free time' information of people when scheduling a meeting - so something not right.

 

I did find an article in the early hours of this morning (but cannot remember where it was now!) of someone with similar problem (from a year or so ago) mentioning something about when the calendars (accounts) were made, as Microsoft change something or other(?) (clutching at straws here) and if that was before / after that time the calendar permissions need re-doing?? Sorry, was very late and had PowerShell overload by this point!

 

I've had a support case raised with Microsoft for 2-weeks now attempting to resolve this, but thought I would just ask if anyone else is (or has) suffered similarlly?

Posted
Very interesting, I have seen this with some of our users after adding our internet based calendar. For 95% of users it adds fine and works, but for the other 5% we get all sorts of errors, such as it adds and has no connection at the top or in one case it would add, then show up 5 or 6 times, all saying no connection!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...