Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi All,

 

We have locked down Office 365 so that no users apart from Administrators can create groups/distribution lists.

On some dist lists I have set a certain staff member as the owner, so that they can manage the members of this list.

 

Does anybody know how a staff member (not administrator) gets access to manage the global distribution lists. I can't seem to find this on Google for the life of me...

I tried as a staff member, who is an owner of a few distribution lists, going to admin.microsoft.com which as expected says they do not have permissions.

 

Is there something I'm missing. A simple page to manage the lists that they can access?

 

Thanks in advance

Posted

From within OWA: settings cog >view all Outlook settings > General > Distribution Groups

 

It will lists DG's they belong to and DGs they own and can edit

Posted

Thanks for the reply rickjames. It appears our staff can't see that which I presume is because I have removed their ability to create groups.

Office 365 Dist Groups Not Showing.png

 

I may have to do a little bit of digging as to whether I can just remove the ability to create and then hopefully this shows again.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...