Sam_Brown Posted August 1, 2019 Posted August 1, 2019 I got out of IT a few years back but ironically one of our clients is a school and have been asked to package up SIMS for them. I've not touched anything to do with SIMS in about 3 years so is it still best practice to deploy SIMS via SOLUS? All I've been given is the SIMSApplicationSetup.exe so unless things have changed I'm assuming If there is a relatively easy way to package SIMS up then I'm happy to do so providing it's a fairly straight forward process but if best practice is to still use SOLUS then more than happy to push back and say in this case it's not suitable for packaging up. Cheers in advance,
Boredguy Posted August 1, 2019 Posted August 1, 2019 Tbh there is no reason not to use Solus. We created our own little wrapper for it years ago in VBS so that each client always gets the same GUID installed, and we now deploy that out via SCCM, but we then let Solus deal with installing SIMS/Discover/FMS from the server.
mullet_man Posted August 1, 2019 Posted August 1, 2019 We only use solus for updating Sims/FMS etc. Client deployment is done via SCCM. We just use /s on the simsinst exe. Works fine for us.
ictgoodpractice Posted August 27, 2019 Posted August 27, 2019 I am in a small primary school and have not used SIMS for over 10 years. I only need to install SIMS / FMS on one computer. How would you do that please?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now