Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

I know quite a few other SIMS users have done exactly the same as me. I have put the AQA Science Trilogy to have a grade set of 40 instead of 41, and it is greyed out on my Manage performance indicators. I wasn't told till results day that we were getting two grades, so I was very confused when what I thought would be a grade 7 came through as 77

 

Simple - ask SIMS to unlock it, as half of the grade sets are locked others are not. SIMS response - no you have to pay for it - well we pay you a lot already - plus we want access to your entire SIMS account. Alternatively I can delete all the results for this one and start again and put the results in by hand - er they are having a laugh. Even a SIMS trainer who came out to a colleague was surprised this was not unlocked and believed it should be

 

Is it unreasonable to say to SIMS unlock these grade sets, its only me who goes into this part of the system or is it an access thing and someone with more access than me can unlock it..

 

Anyone out there with an easy solution as to how I can change my science grade set

Posted

Hi, I haven't dealt with KS4/5 for a year or so since I moved to a middle school but when I was faced with a similar problem I cloned the Grade Set. I saved the new Grade Set with the same name adding a distinguishing suffix to identify it as being school specific. I could then edit the grade set as I wished. I did a similar thing with the aspect containing the results. I then created an assessment template with both aspects side by side which allowed me easily copy and paste.

 

As I haven't had to do this for KS4/5 for several years I am not sure if this will still work, but I have very recently done something similar with KS2 data.

 

Hope this helps

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...