NetworkNinja Posted May 28, 2019 Posted May 28, 2019 (edited) Good Afternoon Fellow IT Professionals I haven't worked with SCCM before however the time has come for me to start planning an upgrade for our current version. We currently have a server called DB1 and this has SQL management Studio installed aswell as SCCM 2012. I have created a VM called SCCM and I would like that to host SCCM on there. The database will ideally go to our DataBase server. If there a way to backup & restore all the information to the new server. Has anyone got any advice on best practice. I know this task is not going to be easy! Edited May 28, 2019 by JJames
Norphy Posted May 28, 2019 Posted May 28, 2019 (edited) The database for SCCM should be on its own server for various reasons: It’s a busy one at the best of times and if there are other databases on that server the performance of those databases will suffer The SCCM database requires a specific, non standard collation. You need to take licensing into account as well. The System Center components come with a SQL license but that license is only valid if you’re using the database for System Center. Edited May 28, 2019 by Norphy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now