mikeprice Posted May 24, 2019 Posted May 24, 2019 Hi all We are trying to create 3d models of local landmark for the local museum. The objects are all bridges, towers and stuff like that. At the moment it is just things that are actually there at the moment - but as it is a museum then re-creating old building and chemical works etc would be great as well So - what do I want?? well I thought it might be possible to create a 3d model (we have a couple of 3D printers - I am the resident expert as I know how to switch them on!) from a reasonable quality picture - I was wondering if anyone has done this successfully - and how?? I don't mind what system it works on - I have Windows, Linux and obviously a web based thingy would be good as well. Current objects we need are the 3 Runcorn to Widnes bridges (2 road and 1 railway) but doing the old transporter bridge would be good to. We have managed to do Fiddlers Ferry power station already. There are loads of old demolished chemical works that used to be round here and the museum has thousands of old photos in the archives - so if we had a method of translating these into 3D models that would be magnificent!! Thanks all mike
Knil92 Posted May 29, 2019 Posted May 29, 2019 There's a few videos of people taking out drones and flying them around building and processing the images to create 3d models, but for building that have been demolished, you would just have to create them from scratch using the photo's as a reference. 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now