DalekSec Posted May 22, 2019 Posted May 22, 2019 Hopefully a quick question. Looking to update our Avid Pro Tools install on our studio iMac, having only brought the software in the summer i've never had to update it! Reading online i can't seem to find any definite answer to how the update works other than the downloader is a full installer and not an update package. Anyone know if i can just run the full installer and it updates the currently installed one or reinstall it but keeping settings etc? I don't have much time to do the install in so trying to make sure i definitely know how it works before hand!
ICTDirect_Dave Posted May 22, 2019 Posted May 22, 2019 From memory it should update the application but leave your settings and plugins intact. It's been a while since I did a Protools update, but the last time I did it there was no need to go around reinstalling my VSTi packs. 1
DalekSec Posted May 22, 2019 Author Posted May 22, 2019 From memory it should update the application but leave your settings and plugins intact. It's been a while since I did a Protools update, but the last time I did it there was no need to go around reinstalling my VSTi packs. Hopefully it's still the same then! 1
3s-gtech Posted May 22, 2019 Posted May 22, 2019 From experience, the full installer updates rather than replaces. 2
DalekSec Posted May 22, 2019 Author Posted May 22, 2019 From experience, the full installer updates rather than replaces. Cheers
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now