APMerry Posted February 11, 2019 Posted February 11, 2019 I've got a bunch of iPhones being used as school phones, they're all using the same apple ID. If I call phone 3 from phone 2, phones 1 and 4 will also ring. Anyone know if you can turn this off? I'm assuming it's because they're using the same apple ID. I've got them connected to lightspeed management and have turned off facetime. I don't really want to make individual Apple IDs for each phone. Any suggestions? Thanks
bknaggs Posted February 11, 2019 Posted February 11, 2019 Try looking at Settings | Phone | Calls on Other Devices and switch it off. 1
APMerry Posted February 11, 2019 Author Posted February 11, 2019 Oh that was easy! I feel stupid now Thanks!!
Brimstone Posted February 11, 2019 Posted February 11, 2019 I've got a bunch of iPhones being used as school phones, they're all using the same apple ID. If I call phone 3 from phone 2, phones 1 and 4 will also ring. Anyone know if you can turn this off? I'm assuming it's because they're using the same apple ID. I've got them connected to lightspeed management and have turned off facetime. I don't really want to make individual Apple IDs for each phone. Any suggestions? Thanks You do realise this is a HUGE security risk with the same ID's on all phones.....? Sign out of all of them. If they are being managed via Lightspeed then you don't need Apple ID's on them.
ewanc1234 Posted February 11, 2019 Posted February 11, 2019 You do realise this is a HUGE security risk with the same ID's on all phones.....? Sign out of all of them. If they are being managed via Lightspeed then you don't need Apple ID's on them. ^it also goes against apples recommendations, What are the reasons for them being signed into an apple ID? as I expect that there are alternative ways to achieve that solution!
APMerry Posted February 11, 2019 Author Posted February 11, 2019 To be fair, I've not touched an iOS device for quite a long time and I thought they had to be. What is the security risk? Forgive my ignorance.
rad Posted February 11, 2019 Posted February 11, 2019 (edited) FaceTime will be an issue if that is turned on. Edited February 11, 2019 by rad
lucastaity Posted February 12, 2019 Posted February 12, 2019 We have 97 iPhone 7 on the same iCloud account but also create separate iTunes accounts for facetime, imessage and downloading apps. This seems to work well for us as long as know one try's to change the password which we have a email rule to let us know if this happens or anyone removes the iCloud account. Works well for us
APMerry Posted February 12, 2019 Author Posted February 12, 2019 You do realise this is a HUGE security risk with the same ID's on all phones.....? Sign out of all of them. If they are being managed via Lightspeed then you don't need Apple ID's on them. Would you mind elaborating? I can get rid of the Apple accounts on the phone's pretty easily, I used to do it this way to prevent users from signing into devices with their own Apple ID's as you'd need to know the password to sign out. I've realised in lightspeed I can prevent anyone logging in with an Apple ID, I just can't see what the HUGE security risk is.
Brimstone Posted February 12, 2019 Posted February 12, 2019 (edited) Would you mind elaborating? I can get rid of the Apple accounts on the phone's pretty easily, I used to do it this way to prevent users from signing into devices with their own Apple ID's as you'd need to know the password to sign out. I've realised in lightspeed I can prevent anyone logging in with an Apple ID, I just can't see what the HUGE security risk is. By default, every user signed in with the same Apple ID can see the same content on the iPhone. iMessages Photo's Facetime Find My Friends iCloud Backup Any Location based content Contact names and numbers Safari Bookmarks (this needs to be turned on) 2FA messages iTunes track downloads and Apple Music streams Any other app where a user has used their Apple ID as a login You are breaking iTunes licensing rules by allowing this so I would sign out of these and either ask users to create their own or remove access to them. Anyone managing to gain access this Apple ID via a phishing attack (there are plenty of very good attacks ) can also access this data and erase and reset the phones at will. You do not need Apple ID's to push content and apps to iPhones and iPads any longer. Edited February 12, 2019 by Brimstone 1
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now