Michael Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 Hello all, As some of you running WSUS will know, Microsoft recently distributed Office Genuine Advantage to all WSUS servers and for some administrators it caused problems. I've just answered another post re scheduling a task in Windows and noticed there are two new entries in my Scheduled Tasks: OGADaily and OGALogon. Looking at the directory paths they're both pointing to: C:\WINDOWS\system32\OGAVerify.exe Has anyone else noticed this? Microsoft are taking the mick, as it's scheduled to run daily! I'm tempted to delete the file using a script
Michael Posted May 1, 2008 Author Posted May 1, 2008 Ah well, it was easy to fix. Add these two lines to a logon script: schtasks /delete /TN OGADaily /F schtasks /delete /TN OGALogon /F Bye, bye OGA
Geoff Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 Other alternative, to stop WSUS from 'repairing' the installation, is to alter the permissions and deny everyone read and execute.
Michael Posted May 1, 2008 Author Posted May 1, 2008 Yeah I didn't think of that, but deleting the scheduled tasks should do the trick too. Cheeky of MS I have to say.
Oops_my_bad Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 I didnt approve this - will I run into problems by declining it?
CyberNerd Posted May 1, 2008 Posted May 1, 2008 Linux users don't need to feel left out: Linux Genuine Advantage™ 1
Michael Posted May 2, 2008 Author Posted May 2, 2008 I love the starting paragraph: Linux Genuine Advantage™ is an exciting and mandatory new way for you to place your computer under the remote control of an untrusted third party!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now