LukeC Posted January 9, 2019 Posted January 9, 2019 Hello, does anyone use a surface pro as their primary device with out an external monitor. I look after a few schools so i'm quite mobile. When im in my office ill have it connected to external displays but when im at the primaries ill be using its screen - my only reservation is its screen size?
HTCPCP Posted January 9, 2019 Posted January 9, 2019 Not education, but one of our property development team has a Surface book and it works fine - as long as you have a display that has display port (and if you are anything like our user - a lot of mini display port cables as either they are really weak, or the user is heavy handed). We didn't have any luck with adaptors. 1
noelmm Posted January 9, 2019 Posted January 9, 2019 I use a Surface Pro 3 for my main mobile device when I'm not in the office and the screen size is ok for use, I wouldn't want to do any excel work or anything on it. Our teaching staff all have Pros as well as we've had a few complaints about the screen size but once your used to it there isn't a problem. 1
DalekSec Posted January 9, 2019 Posted January 9, 2019 We use Surface Pro 4s, screen size etc is fine, keyboard is nice. I have the dock and 2 monitors. Biggest problem for me is it's CPU is an m3 and no where near powerful enough for me, teachers it's ok. Managed to wrangled a new laptop with an i5 luckily which i should get next week!
rich_tech Posted January 12, 2019 Posted January 12, 2019 We have a few pro 3s which are gradually being replaced, largely because their specs don’t cope with specific tasks like adobe that well, users like their portability, though the screen size is too small to do anything comfortable on I think for long periods of time
PotNoodleTech Posted January 14, 2019 Posted January 14, 2019 Why bother with a surface pro when you can grab a nice refurbished core i5/i7 laptop for £300 odd and bask in the UNLIMITED POWEERRRRRRR. Well unless its just for geek bragging rights I suppose, in which case carry on! (I do most of my daily mobile gubbins on a £159 chromebook nowadays). Anything that needs more power will wait till I get at my dual xeon workstation which again is refurbished and only cost a few hundred quid.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now