Jump to content
EduGeek EdSec 2026 is Go! 27th Oct in Derby! Join us for a day of EdTech security focused talks, networking, and an evening social ×

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi,

 

I have been out to a school who have said that their Panel switches off after 10mins. I has a look and noticed a black shadow down the middle of the screen which stays there no matter what I do. It looks like a fault, Has anyone ever came across this.

 

I think its a v5 panel.

 

Thanks

 

Gordon

 

IT Tech

Posted

Hi Gordon,

That sounds like it may be 2 issues.

The panel switching off after 10 minutes, may just be a simple settings change within the menu (there are settings for auto-shut down, make sure that they are turned off), it could also be power management on the PC turning off the external monitors after 10 minutes as well.

 

The shadow you mention sounds like it may be a backlight failure.

 

I would highly recommend that you you contact Promethean technical support with some images showing the shadow you discuss (take a photograph when the panel is showing a white background).

 

Thanks

  • Thanks 1



×
×
  • Create New...